For those who may not be Alcoholic Mimosa people – I have found a surprising nice alternative! I created it myself, although I’m sure there are other forms of this out on the webs. I’m also sure you can switch out a few of these ingredients to make a mimosa that is all your own as well! However, the following is my version of a non-alcoholic Mimosa!
To start — you’ll need a fancy champagne flute because after all, this IS a champagne “sorfof” Mimosa.
- Fill your glass 1/2 full (how very optimistic) with plain Sparkling mineral water
- Fill your glass the rest of the desired amount with your favorite juice.
- Sprinkle in a bit of sugar or sweetener to sweeten the taste
- Garnish with an orange, drop a raspberry in or any other fruit you like
This Mimosa for those that are used to drinking and making yours with wine, will be a bit on the dry side. The sweetness level will depend on the amount of sugar/sweetener you put into it. I often wondered how this would taste with honey placed in the glass first and then the other ingredients added. If you try this … come back and let me know how it went!
Here are the ingredients / brand names I used in my recipe.
I used cranberry juice, but I think a nice cran-tangerine would work really well too! I would love to see your versions of non alcoholic mimosa’s or Sunday drinks! Leave me your thoughts and/or links to your recipes in the comments below!
Latest posts by Jennifer Stinnett (see all)
- Wine Cork Friday! What’s Your Story? - November 15, 2013
- Scratch N Sniff Wine Book – I Might Need This! - November 12, 2013
- Fun Facts About The History of Coffee! - October 24, 2013
- My Interview With Jay Sharpe – A Sports Handicapper! - October 21, 2013