It’s true. There is so much stuff everywhere. And we could probably go the rest of our lives without having to manufacture anything from scratch save for underwear and toothbrushes (and maybe a couple other items). With tons of materials available for repurposing, recycling and reusing, there are endless possibilities for creativity.
These 5 UpCycled Wine Must-Haves are made from wine-related castoffs or are recycled materials fashioned into wine-time enhancers.
1. Serving Slabs – repurposed granite slabs for serving cheeses
Everything they make is from reclaimed stone and is proudly hand crafted in Salida Colorado. All that’s reclaimed is repurpose into beautiful utility pieces for your home, business or gift for that person that has everything. “organic ~ reclaimed ~ repurposed”
Owner: Derrick Neikam
2. Green Glass Designs – drinking glasses made from repurposed wine bottles
Eco-conscious artisans rediscovering & redefining uses for bottles that might otherwise end up in a landfill.
Owners: Ginny McCormick-Levack & Doug Levack Etsy Store
3. All Strung Out Jewelry – wine glass charms made from antique typewriter keys
These charms are keys from Underwood, Smith Corona, Royal, and Remington typewriters from the early 1900’s. The keys are set in vintage style scalloped bezels.
Owner: Laureen Trent Etsy Shop
4. Life on the Balcony – Wine Box Turned Balcony-Sized Raised Bed Garden
First drill a few holes in the bottom of the box for proper drainage and seal the box with eco-friendly sealer. Once the box is completely dry, start planting!
Owner: Fern Richardson
5. Malia Designs – wine bags made from recycled rice bags
Malia Designs was formed to increase economic opportunity for women in developing countries, and to support local and international non-profit organizations that fight human trafficking in Southeast Asia.
Owner: Lia Valerio
What do you think about these wine related upcycled pieces? Great ideas? Are they on your gift list?
Latest posts by Alyson Khan (see all)
- This Crisp White Blend Comes From Grapes Handpicked by Maurizio Gucci’s Murderer—And Other Bad Guys - February 20, 2014
- A Glass Of Wine To Go With Your Grief? - January 23, 2014
- Less Time at the Stove and Store Leaves More Time For Love - August 11, 2012
- Goshdarnit, you deserve it! - July 12, 2012